Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is it that makes some peeps focus on one tragedy over another?
I agree about putting a face on something. Personally, I'm obsessed with the Japan story. One news item that came out of it was about two dogs that were found, one injured and the other one protecting him. A very touching and heart wrenching story. The video went viral causing thousands of people to follow up. They were rescued with the help of man whose name and FB page were revealed by CNN w/o his permission. I've read through his posts since the moment the EQ struck - UNBELIEVABLE! Well, people started bugging him for more pics of the two rescued dogs, not taking into consideration the hundreds of other pets that were being rescued or are still out there. They became focused on that ONE story and wanted every little detail. Fortunately, he deleted those retards since they wouldn't let up. He's one amazing human being out there giving of himself, but he became quickly overwhelmed with the demands that people were putting on him.

Anyway, I don't know how people can get mired in the minutia of one murder case when entire towns were washed away by a tsunami and people are still in desperate need of help.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is it that makes some peeps focus on one tragedy over another? - by shitstorm - 03-24-2011, 10:04 PM