Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Sophie Parker Pedreros, missing CA. age 2 1/2
the father on facebook:

Robert Parker
I am Sophia's father. First, I want to thank all of you so very much for your prayers for our Sophia. I know that they will help her get through this long night. I arrived in Weaverville this afternoon via a CHP flight and was at the SAR staging area until quite late this evening. SAR personnel will be continuing to search throughout ...the night. Law enforcement officials are planning to intensify the search at dawn on Saturday with more personnel arriving from several agencies and and FLIR infrared equipped aircraft. It's impossible to sleep so I am trying to get word to to friends and family. Please, no questions about details right now and no speculations. I just need all of you to continue your support with prayers and good thoughts for my baby Sophia. She is a very strong little girl and I have faith that she is hanging on somewhere out there tonight.

Robert Parker
In the interest of clearing up some erroneous information I've seen in several media reports and poster's comments on the internet:
- Sophia is 2 years and 8 months old (not 2). She has long curly and unruly auburn hair, blue eyes, is around 36" tall, and weighs 33 pounds. I will try to update the appropriate media and web sites.
- My w......ife Claudia speaks basic English, but her primary language is Spanish. She is from Chile.
- The Trinity County Sheriff's Dept. had a translator fluent in Spanish and English interviewing my wife throughout the day. They have been doing an excellent job in this very difficult situation and have my sincerest thanks.
- Search efforts have not been limited to a single area, but are spanning a wide area along the Hwy. 299 and 3 corridors in both Humboldt and Trinity Counties, as well as around McKinleyville/Arcata/Eureka. There are multiple agencies involved in this effort.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sophie Parker Pedreros, missing CA. age 2 - by Lady Cop - 05-21-2011, 11:12 AM