Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Should citizens have to pay to educate illegals?
(05-22-2011, 03:02 PM)Cracker Wrote: We are fucking over 60% of the children in America.

10 - 15% of kids will do well, no matter what. They will ignore, do their own thing, and rise above. Those are the valedictorians and full-ride scholarship kids. They sneak in questions when class is over or email teachers from home if they don't get their fair share of time in the classroom. They will always be OK.

10-20% of kids will never do well, no matter what. Someone at home fucked them up and they won't be able to see it until they have hit adulthood. Some will have an ephiphany, a moment of clarity, and will change their own life. Most won't. Some aren't able to because the odds are stacked against them, and some just can't because of circumstances beyond their control. Instead of helping these kids by providing vocational education (let's face it, not everybody is going to college), we cut almost ALL vocational funding to pay to mainstream these kids.

60% of kids are in the middle. They need a little help in order to reach their full potential. Because they are placed in classrooms with the lower level kids, they don't get the attention and help they need. Instead of dragging these kids up and making them great, we lower the expectations of them and ignore them in favor of the low kids. We are cheating them out of their education. These kids can go either way. Good kids will do OK, albeit they will be less than they could have been, while kids that COULD have been helped are lost in the shuffle while we cater to the kids that will NEVER achieve because they can't or won't.

I agree. I see it all the time. My daughter is in GATE. My son isn't so he's in a "regular" classroom (except they're both in advanced math classes, thank God). He's getting straight A's with almost zero effort. The difference in the course material, homework expectations etc. between GATE and my son's class is absurd. It shouldn't be either GATE or a dumbed down class. There ought to be a middle ground. Level the classrooms.
Commando Cunt Queen

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should citizens have to pay to educate illegals? - by username - 05-22-2011, 04:09 PM