Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Mariha Smith, 5, Missing. Detroit. deceased.
what i know about this case so far alarms me. i don't trust the mother's story. and there is a burned body of a child waiting to be IDed.
they also have a "person of interest".
she has no dental records, but matches the description.

[Image: bilde?Site=C4&Date=20110725&Category=NEW...0&Border=0]

[Image: amber_alert_20110725063852_640_480.JPG]

DETROIT - The mother of a 5-year-old Detroit girl reported missing over the weekend said she will submit to a police lie detector test, and authorities were trying to identify the charred body of a slain child found in a burning abandoned building.

Detroit Police Officer Dan Donakowski said investigators haven't found evidence to suggest the two cases are linked, but they are not ruling anything out.

Officers were searching the area near the central city-area home of Konesha Smith and her daughter, Mariha Trenice Smith.

Smith reported Sunday that her daughter was missing, a few hours after the child's body was found in a burning house about a mile from Smith's home.

Smith told officers she last saw Mariha about 3:30 a.m. Sunday asleep on a floor in one of the home's rooms, and that she didn't notice her daughter was missing until about noon. She also told police that a window in the house was "wide open."

Firefighters found the unidentified child's body at about 8 a.m. in a burning two-family flat on Waverly. The fire was being investigated as a possible arson.

An autopsy Monday morning revealed the girl was strangled and her death was ruled a homicide, said Dennis Niemiec, a spokesman for the Wayne County medical examiner's office.

"The little girl died before the fire," Niemiec said in an e-mail to The Associated Press. "ID will be determined through DNA."

The girl's skull also had been crushed, he said.

No other details about the autopsy were released.

Smith said police asked her to take a lie detector test, and that she expected to do so on Monday.

Authorities were asking anyone with information on the Amber Alert to call 911, Detroit police or the FBI.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Detroit, MI Mariha Smith, 5, Missing - by Lady Cop - 07-25-2011, 01:15 PM