Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Moms using cell phones instead of engaging with their children
(08-31-2011, 08:27 PM)sally Wrote: The only thing I would add to your rant is that you should mind your own fucking business. She wasn't exactly killing the little fuckers and you have no way of knowing who she was on the phone with, maybe it was the asshole father or work related.

For all you know she's a single mother who just worked a double shift cleaning old mens asses and now she can't even go into TGI Friday's without getting dirty looks from a bunch of judgmental old hags.

Well, since this thread has already been hijacked and turned into a racial argument, I'm going to add a little fuel to the fire,

Before I do that I need to respond to Sally, YOU know nothing about me. I successfully raised two kids on my own. We had family dinners every night. I survived without a cell phone. I know what it is like to be a single Mom and work full time. I also know how to raise children with love and respect. The motto in our house is that "we never cry over spilled milk". My children never got spanked for spilling anything. We just clean it up and laugh it off and get on with our life.

My point was that this woman showed her children NO respect in the way she was on her cell phone talking and texting. The spilling of the drink was inevitable, being that she was not giving her children any attention. You talk of the "poor single Mom, busy day...blah,blah.." But what about the children who were probably stuck in some day-care center all day while her mother worked. They just wanted some of their mother's attention. She failed it give it to them and got spanked for causing a scene. It was all her fault.

Now here is the added gas for the fire: It is very likely that she is a Military wife and that she was alone, because her husband is off fighting some useless war in the other side of the world.

The Dad is off fighting to boost his ego and his children are suffering because their Mommy can't handle it on her own.

Yes, I said it...so let's see how that flies. Smiley_emoticons_fies

Messages In This Thread
RE: Moms using cell phones instead of engaging with their children - by Harvest Moon - 09-01-2011, 01:49 PM