Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kerra M. Wilson, 8, Nebraska. murdered
oops, we cross-posted Myst.

dirtbag declined an attny. so i bet they order a psych. exam.
i am waiting to see arraignment photos.

Omaha.com

HARRISON, Neb. — A Mitchell man accused of killing his 8-year-old stepdaughter made his first appearance in court Monday.
Salvador Carl Lopez, 32, of Mitchell, appeared without an attorney and waived his right to a preliminary hearing in proceedings in Sioux County Court. Lopez is charged with first-degree murder, a Class I felony, in the death of Kerra Wilson, who has been identified as Lopez's stepdaughter.
The girl had been reported missing by her grandmother Wednesday after she failed to show up for school and relatives were contacted. Officials discovered her body on a ranch north of Mitchell on Thursday.
A complaint against Lopez places Wilson's death on Sept. 21, though it is not known if that has been confirmed by an autopsy. Authorities have not said when an autopsy will been scheduled. Sioux County Attorney Adam Edmunds declined to make any statements in connection with the case. He said all statements from the county attorney's office would be made in press releases.
During Monday's court hearing, Lopez clarified his name as Salvador Carl Lopez, correcting an official complaint that identified him as Salvador Carlos Lopez.
His voice faltered on the first "yes" answer he gave to Judge Russell Harford as Harford asked if he understood that he was charged with first-degree murder, a Class I felony, in the girl's death.
Lopez also told the judge that he understood that death was the maximum penalty for the offense. Harford also repeatedly asked and had Lopez state that he understood that he had a right to an attorney and a right to a preliminary hearing. Lopez said he did not want an attorney to represent him and waived his right to a preliminary hearing.
With Lopez waiving his right to a preliminary hearing, his next appearance in court will be in Sioux County District Court. A date for his court hearing was not yet available.
Lopez will remain jailed without bond.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kerra M. Wilson, 8, NEB. missing - by Cracker - 09-22-2011, 03:21 PM
RE: Kerra M. Wilson, 8, Nebraska. murdered - by Lady Cop - 09-26-2011, 02:17 PM