Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you feel lucky...? Well, do you???
(12-19-2011, 06:10 PM)Cracker Wrote: I know what the factors are. I have a degree in shit like that.

I'm tired of seeing kids die over there. It has been going on for thousands of years. I refuse to give them a pass to continue killing their own children. That is what they are doing, killing their own children slowly.

We have tried every type of aid and education program and birth control program over there. So have many other countries.

I have no compassion for people who have children they can't feed. People have to stop doing that. It is child abuse. Why do they do that? Because women and children are property and aren't loved like we love our children. That hasn't changed in the last 30,000 years and is likely not to change.

They are hopeless.

Here's the thing though Cracker, what about the lack of education impacting on their understanding of having children? There would be no condoms over there, no birth control, AIDS is rife, and in some parts, whether you like it or not you are a muslim. The thing in particular with Somalia is that it is run by the Al-Shabab islamic militants. They have just sent the aid agencies away because they don't want western "influence" because they are helping feed their population, they feel they will be indebted to us. So they would rather children starve to death as part of "God's will", inshallah and all that.

Because they are not educated they have no insight into the politics that is governing their lives. Some of them would accept it as the status quo. I think also the thing to remember is that famines are man made, droughts are not. When you see someone starving, you have to remember there is actually enough food in the world to feed them. The evil that exists in our world that is stopping the food from getting through, whatever that reason is.

A few months ago, I worked with this immigrant from Western Africa. I asked her what she thought of the current crisis she was like "what has that to do with me?". She couldn't care less, I was horrified and told her in no uncertain terms. She was very pissed off with me that as a white woman who was not from that part of the world that I would care for these people, when you look in contrast she couldn't give a rats behind. She even said to me "well you are not from there what would you know". She was sorted in this nice country she nows lives in, to hell with the rest of them!

I care about those people in particular in the Horn of Africa, they are on my heart, I can't help it, I wish I could do more. They need our voice over here to help them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do you feel lucky...? Well, do you??? - by aussiefriend - 12-19-2011, 06:40 PM