Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
US soldier murders 16 civilians....
[Image: article-2117354-123CAB77000005DC-888_306x423.jpg]

The wife of the U.S. Army staff sergeant suspected of killing 16 Afghans, including nine children, says she's as confused as anyone else about the crimes her husband is accused of.

In a statement to ABC News, Karilyn Bales said her heart goes out to all the victims in the massacre, where her husband Robert Bales is accused of going house-to-house firing on civilians at random and attempting to burn some of the bodies.

She said: 'My family including my and Bob’s extended families are all profoundly sad. We extend our condolences to all the people of the Panjawai District'.

'Our family has little information beyond what we read and see in the media. What has been reported is completely out of character of the man I know and admire'.

Her comments came on the day that Bales' attorney John Henry Browne said he met the soldier for the first time since he was brought to Fort Leavenworth on Friday night.

Lawyer John Henry Browne said he met for more than three hours with Robert Bales, a 10-year Army veteran who is being held in an isolated cell at the military prison.

Mr Browne said: 'What's going on on the ground in Afghanistan, you read about it, I read about it, but it's totally different when you hear about it from somebody who's been there'.

Messages In This Thread
RE: US soldier murders 16 civilians.... - by Gogo - 03-25-2012, 06:33 AM
RE: US soldier murders 16 civilians.... - by Lady Cop - 03-20-2012, 05:45 AM