Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Victoria (Tori) Stafford, 8 - Canada, Murdered. The trial of Michael Rafferty
This I think will be another emotinally charged chapter - The Mount Forest death scene... R.I.P Tori darling 109

LondonFP - The first-degree murder trial of Michael Rafferty is set to begin Friday exploring the emotionally charged scene where Victoria 'Tori' Stafford's body was found, and where the Crown alleges she was raped and murdered.

Taking the stand in what the Crown calls the Mount Forest chapter will be accomplished police officer, OPP Det. Sgt Jim Smyth. After two months of intense police searches, Smyth found Tori's body July 19, 2009 off a rural road near the town.

He's also the officer who pulled a confession out of Terri-Lynne McClintic, who pleaded guilty to murder in Tori's death and pointed the finger at her boyfriend, Rafferty.

Smyth may be best known as the interrogator who led Russell Williams to confess during a 10 hour interview to the murders of Cpl. Marie-France Comeau and Jessica Lloyd and 86 other charges. Williams was given two life sentences for murder in 2010.

Jurors were warned at the beginning of the trial they'd be making what might be an emotionally difficult visit to the remote country lane near Mount Forest where Tori's body was found
- I cannot imagine being on this jury and having to visit the scene, I'm sure it is going to be very overwhelming for them all. I haven't heard of jury's going out to visit places very often, I wonder if Rafferty will be attending, I highly doubt it, but would have been interesting to see his reaction.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Victoria (Tori) Stafford, 8 - Canada, Murdered. The trial of Michael Rafferty - by Jezreel - 03-30-2012, 09:17 AM