Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NC Amendment One - Gay Marriage Pro or Con?
(04-10-2012, 12:11 PM)IMaDick Wrote:
(04-10-2012, 12:01 PM)sally Wrote:
(04-10-2012, 10:14 AM)IMaDick Wrote: Are you saying that it was a genetic defect that caused chasity to become chaz?

Yes, I think a female that is born with more male characteristics or vice versa is a genetic defect. Not all gay people are like that, however, some are just simply attracted to the same sex. I wouldn't call that a defect, but I do think it is genetically predisposed.

if it is genetically predisposed then I have no problem with it, but if it is a choice then I do.

The legislation that would be involved to cover many other CHOICES is what bothers me, once that door has been opened it will be impossible to close.

The gay community can't even make up their minds about how or why and I am supposed to be able to make a reasonable choice in how I accept it?

By the way Hot D there is no mystery in what normal is when it comes to the biological differences of men and women, there is a reason we are different from each other.

That is the baseline for normal whether we like it or not.

I've gotta run, but none of your previous arguments hold up. Biologically, men and women are different, of course. Those differences allow for procreation. However, that does not mean it's unnatural or abnormal for some people to be attracted to people with generally the same biological make-up when it comes to genitalia.

It is possible to have sex just for pleasure and/or to satisfy a basic need, not to procreate, whether it be sex with the same or opposite gender. It will not stop the evolution of the human race, unless you're afraid that it's more natural to be attracted to the same sex and that accepting homosexuality and promoting gay equality rights will open a flood gate through which the human race will eventually stop reproducing. I have no such fear.

Whether being gay is predisposed by genetics or if it's a choice, I've seen not one argument here that holds water against gays being able to marry - not when you invoked religion, not when you applied biology, and not when you claimed it's obviously "unnatural/abnormal" to be attracted to something that you personally are not and that your idea of normal is the universal baseline. It's your personal opinions based on your personal beliefs and intepretations that drives you to object to gay marriage. I respect that. I simply disagree.

Blowing-kisses

Messages In This Thread
RE: NC Amendment One - Gay Marriage Pro or Con? - by HairOfTheDog - 04-10-2012, 12:27 PM