Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Victoria (Tori) Stafford, 8 - Canada, Murdered. The trial of Michael Rafferty
(05-01-2012, 08:13 PM)Kip Wrote: How very odd - I don't understand at all the point of that last witness. Was the defense saying it wasn't TLM? But TLM confessed to abducting Tori. I'm confused. Oh, well, it seems to me that the Crown presented a very solid case that is beyond dispute - hope the jury saw it that way as well.

I think the defence was trying to show that TLM was the mastermind behind the abduction, she brazenly walked into the school and left with Tori and maybe trying to show that rafferty believed that TLM was infact just babysitting Tori, and of course trying to create reasonable doubt. I'm surprised that they gave up their chance of presenting their closing last for this witness. Also the witness testified that she noticed TLM because she was wearing a winter jacket on a warm day (it was 8c that day, not warm at all). The surveillance video was released the day after Tori was taken, the witness recognised the women as the one she saw walking up the road with Tori and contacted the police. Her first interview on April 11th she didn't mention about TLM walking into the school. In her May interview with police is when she said this, when asked by the crown why she didn't mention it in her first interview, she said they didn't ask. It doesn't create reasonable doubt to me, I agree with you Kip I think the crown has presented. Great case, I wonder what defence will have to say in their closing on Friday?
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Victoria (Tori) Stafford, 8 - Canada, Murdered. The trial of Michael Rafferty - by Jezreel - 05-01-2012, 11:19 PM