Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Curiosity-- NASA Mars landing Monday
(08-06-2012, 02:04 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:
(08-06-2012, 01:59 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Well, you're just a wet blanket on all fronts today. So, I'm just gonna keep thinking that it's very cool and exciting that exploration of other planets continues, despite your articulate argument against such frivolous pursuits. 27

I understand the 'awe' factor of missions to other planets. This is, however, unmanned mission number 5 it appears.

Let's either make it a manned mission, which would be an amazing feat, or let's put our (taxpayer) money into something like cancer research, which, when a cure is found, would TRULY benefit all of mankind.

I would love to see as much money as possible put into cancer research, believe me.

But, in my opinion only, it's also important to continue research into other possible origins of life and the science of the universe. Not just because of the "awe" factor, but because discoveries about the past can potentially benefit all of mankind in the future.

What if something learned/gathered from Mars exploration helped in cancer research? Longshot, but could happen - who knows? Who knows?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Curiosity-- NASA Mars landing Monday - by HairOfTheDog - 08-06-2012, 02:11 PM