Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Bashara murder mystery...with a little S&M and bondage
Freep
Attorney David Griem said he will represent Bob Bashara during his preliminary examination today after a failed attempt by the attorney to withdraw last week.

Griem's motion to withdraw, along with fellow attorney Christina Utley, was denied by Chief Judge Kenneth King of 36th District Court in Detroit.

Bashara is accused of trying to hire someone to orchestrate a hit on Joseph Gentz, the man charged with murder and conspiracy in the January strangulation of Jane Bashara, Bob Bashara's wife.

Griem filed an emergency motion last week, saying there had been a breakdown in his relationship with Bashara. But King said Griem had not given a sufficient reason to withdraw.

"I have a duty as a lawyer when ordered by a court to conduct a preliminary examination despite a breakdown in the attorney-client relationship," Griem said Monday. "I have a duty to prepare myself for that preliminary examination and to go into court and do the very best job that I can."

Bashara also expressed a desire for a new attorney last week and told King he was able to hire someone. WDIV-TV (Channel 4) reported late Monday that Bashara hired attorney Mark Kriger, but the Free Press could not reach Kriger for confirmation.

Griem said earlier Monday that if Bashara hired a new lawyer, "I have no knowledge about that."

and Detroit News says Kriger WILL be representing him. hahaha

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Bashara murder mystery - by Lady Cop - 02-10-2012, 03:24 PM
RE: The Bashara murder mystery - by Lady Cop - 02-10-2012, 03:37 PM
RE: The Bashara murder mystery...with a little S&M and bondage - by Lady Cop - 08-07-2012, 08:41 AM