Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
You planning on watching the debates?
(10-04-2012, 06:24 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(10-03-2012, 10:25 PM)Jimbone Wrote: Well, this debate wasn't even close.

I didn't see it & I haven't read anything yet. Can you talk about it? Are you saying Mittler did a good job?

He held his own!

Romney set the tone for the night in his first answer after Obama's opening remarks, in response to a question from Lehrer on how each would create more jobs in the U.S.

Romney began to chip away at the image many hold of him, as a man who does not care for Americans who are not wealthy or successful, or who are in the middle class; he aggressively pushed back on Obama's characterizations of his policies; and he laid out why he thinks Obama has failed as president.

His first words about jobs were he's going to take a different path, not the one the president describes as a top down, cut taxes for the rich. That's not what I'm going to do."

Romney then launched into his five-point plan for reviving the economy, touching on energy, trade, education, balancing the budget and promoting small business.

The President tried not to engage, going back to what he would do for education. But when he talked about Romney's tax plan as a $5 trillion tax cut, Romney hit back hard, saying "I don't have a $5 trillion tax cut. I don't have a tax cut of the scale that you're talking about. We need to provide tax relief to people in the middle class. But I'm not going to reduce the share of taxes paid by high-income people.

Romney said that the wealthy will "do fine whether you're president or I am."

Romney said, using the term that Vice President Joe Biden used this week to describe the middle class during the last four years. "Under the president's policies middle-income Americans have been buried".

As Romney used the "buried" term, The President's face did not look happy.

In fact, the President looked unhappy for most of the night. . So . . . . it will be interesting to see the next two debates.

(PS: Side note: This probably the longest post I've ever made in a really long time)
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

Messages In This Thread
RE: You planning on watching the debates? - by Carsman - 10-04-2012, 07:37 AM