Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What really annoyed the hell out of you today?
What annoyed the hell out of me today?

Reading some of the comments in the cancer support thread! I know that Mock is a place where you can say whatever you want, but there are different circumstances going on as of late and some of the BS belongs in another thread. If there is genuine care and concern for LC then one should take a second to imagine her feelings when she reads that thread. When LC does feel well enough to read she will most likely check out that particular thread. I don't think she is going to find much humor or comfort in several of the posts. I think that some of us,myself included, need a lesson in compassion and empathy. I try this simple exercise : what would I like to hear if I were in a similar situation? I'm sure we have all experienced personal tragedy; what were some of the helpful and comforting things that others said to us? and, more importantly, what were the comments that made us feel as though we were being instructed on how we should feel ; comments that seemed to dismiss our feelings or comments that pissed us off. I distinctly recall what helped me when I was diagnosed with cancer and what comforted me when I was grieving, but what sticks with me most are the comments that annoyed and pissed me off. I know they were not intentional, but rather cliche's and platitudes that are drilled in some of are brains. My intention is not to lecture, because I am no pro at this, so I won't list the top 10 things not to say unless I'm asked.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What really annoyed the hell out of you today? - by kitty1 - 10-05-2012, 03:03 PM