Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meth Addicted Infant Returned To Mother
(11-12-2012, 05:52 PM)Sphincter Cop Wrote:
(11-12-2012, 05:26 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Why did the Feds give the baby back to mom? Did mom file suit against Social Services? Did the tribe file suit against Social Services?

Poor kid; not a positive outlook...

History will repeat itself; as it always does in cases such as this. You can only hope that the child is unharmed. Then again, the state gave the kid back. Talk about liability in the making.

Yeah, not a good feeling about this one.

I was just reading more about it in the Jamestown Sun. The Spirit Lake reservation has had some major problems with its social services organization, to the degree that the Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) stepped in and took over on Oct 1st. Wonder if there's some politics / organizational bullshit involved in this one?

This article/story leads me to believe that mom did complete the mandatory two week Spirit Lake Recovery and Wellness Program, but then refused to take two of the required drug tests. Maybe the baby ended up back with mom because the social services requirements were a mess and didn't specifically state that all of the random drug tests must be taken and passed, along with completing the program, in order to regain custody. Just speculating here because I seriously don't understand why the hell this baby is not with its willing/able foster parents.

Maddening and sad. Hoping for the best for the child, which means hoping for the best for the mom...

Ref:
http://www.jamestownsun.com/event/articl.../homepage/

Messages In This Thread
RE: Meth Addicted Infant Returned To Mother - by HairOfTheDog - 11-12-2012, 06:10 PM