Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
LABOR UNIONS & RIGHT TO WORK
Unions time have come and gone. As was previously mentioned, Big Brother pretty much takes care of all the shit that the unions were formed to handle in the first place. (sweat shops, dangerous working conditions, etc) I noted the stats that you posted HOTD:

Pay rates average 3.2% less : A pretty insignificant number, especially when it can be offset a bit by the union worker having to pay dues. I tried to look around to see how much typical union dues are. Not a lot of info out there on this. Typically it appears it's based on a percentage of ones salary. I did see a couple of articles where folks were talking in the $80/month range.

Unions make it very difficult, if not impossible at times to fire the incompetent, or sub-par worker. A major contention here in I-dee-ho when it comes to the teachers union. Pretty much the only thing they can fire them for nowadays is being a child molester. As far as wages go, due to the pay scale, what ends up happening a lot is that poor teachers get rewarded, while excellent teachers do not.

Unions raise the cost of the product being produced, by higher labor costs.

Unions donate a lot of surplus $$$ to political parties (typically the left), leading to corruption in one way or another for sure.

Pensions? Another concept who's time has come and gone. I've always been of the opinion that folks should be responsible for their own investing/saving for retirement. We've all heard the horror stories of pension funds going tits up, leaving those that were counting on them high-and-dry. I honestly feel sorry for those folks.

I think a lot of business owners, especially small businesses, are good people. They want to pay their people a good wage, and give them benefits. They want to succeed. They want to provide a good working environment. A happy employee is a productive employee, generally speaking. Productive employees make the company money, and help the company grow, as long as the owner has a solid business plan. All of this can be accomplished w/o the expense and hassle of dealing with a labor union.

Not surprising that unions are generally supported by the self-entitled bullshit politics of the Democrats. Everyone needs someone to take care of them, as opposed to making folks stand on their own two feet. Everyone deserves to be treated the same, regardless of the amount of work, or quality of work they produce.

The downside to RTW? Yeah, you can pretty much be fired for anything, even if you're a solid employee. But tell me, what employer really wants to fire his good employees w/o just cause? I'd love to hear anyone come up with solid reasoning as to why unions are good for America.

Sphincter Cop? How about you? Being a policeman, surely you are a member of a union, yes? Surely you see a lot of worthless policeman out there who should be fired, yes? Does the union do you, personally any good at all? Or, is this another thing you're not allowed to talk about.
Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

You are no longer in the womb, friend. The competition is tougher out here.

Messages In This Thread
LABOR UNIONS & RIGHT TO WORK - by HairOfTheDog - 12-07-2012, 02:10 AM
RE: LABOR UNIONS & RIGHT TO WORK - by thekid65 - 12-07-2012, 04:04 AM
RE: LABOR UNIONS & RIGHT TO WORK - by username - 12-07-2012, 11:32 AM
RE: LABOR UNIONS & RIGHT TO WORK - by Maggot - 12-07-2012, 01:34 PM
RE: LABOR UNIONS & RIGHT TO WORK - by username - 12-07-2012, 01:47 PM
RE: LABOR UNIONS & RIGHT TO WORK - by FAHQTOO - 12-07-2012, 05:31 PM
RE: LABOR UNIONS & RIGHT TO WORK - by Maggot - 12-07-2012, 09:21 PM
RE: LABOR UNIONS & RIGHT TO WORK - by Maggot - 12-07-2012, 10:03 PM
RE: LABOR UNIONS & RIGHT TO WORK - by Maggot - 12-07-2012, 10:24 PM
RE: LABOR UNIONS & RIGHT TO WORK - by Maggot - 12-07-2012, 11:01 PM
RE: LABOR UNIONS & RIGHT TO WORK - by Maggot - 12-08-2012, 07:59 PM