Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander
(02-26-2013, 06:51 PM)thekid65 Wrote: Just got done watching the 2nd half of yesterdays testimony, and the first half of todays. Martinez took 1 step fwd, and 2 steps back. He got his ass kicked on semantics today, and he spends WAY too much time on them. Jesusfuckingchrist....my eyes were glazing over..I could only imagine the pain of sitting in a jurors chair through this mornings bullshit.

Agree that Martinez is getting too caught up in the semantics sometimes; she wants him to use words that she prefers and refuses to answer "yes" or "no" without adding her little Jodi-isms and takes on thing. Martinez lets her annoy him sometimes and it shows; he battles her for too long on shit that doesn't matter sometimes, imo. Hell, listening to her annoys me incredibly, which is atypical for me.

I do think Martinez is getting her to show her true colors and they ain't pretty at all, but also think that at times she is getting him to act less professionally than he should in the process.

(02-26-2013, 06:51 PM)thekid65 Wrote: realize she's had 4 years to prep for this, but to date, she hasnt faltered on any of her recollections. Holy shit, what a memory...even if they are lies..she's a damned good/consistent liar.

It's interesting to me how we (collectlvely; not limited to you and I)can watch the same testimony and have completely different views.

IDK, maybe you're right in that her selective memory is great and she just thinks that everyone else's is terrible.

She can't remember a damn thing (according to her) about the only incident that really matters - the killing of Travis Alexander. She can't remember any dates and times related to her unsubstantiated allegations when they are being refuted, but remembers the most minute details about everything else.

Today, Martinez used her own diary, her own words from the sex tape she recorded without Travis's knowledge, and the creepy 48 Hours interview to force her into admitting that she enjoyed all of the sexual encounters and initiated many of them. The same sexual encounters that she claimed, on direct, she was led into by terrible perverse pedophilic Travis. The same sexual encounters that she claimed made her feel like a piece of toilet paper and a prostitute. She introduced him to KY and facials and has been enjoying anal sex since she was 17, etc... Martinez has shown her to be the sexual aggressor much of the time and proven, imo, that Travis's email statement about being nothing but a dildo with a pulse to her was more truthful than her claim of allowing her abused little self to be sexually degraded for his pleasure.

So, to me, she is not a consistent liar at all. All three of her version of events to police contradict each other. In cross examination, the lies in her direct testimony are being exposed and shown to be inconsistent with all of her other stories. I think a few really big bad inconsistent lies are yet to come. I hope that Martinez avoids letting her take him down the rabbit hole again to expose and punctuate them. JMO.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - by HairOfTheDog - 02-26-2013, 10:22 PM
Jodi Arias is going to . . . . - by Carsman - 08-04-2014, 09:55 PM