Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bartender Fired for Calling Cops on Customer...
(02-27-2013, 05:03 PM)crash Wrote:
(02-27-2013, 12:52 PM)JsMom Wrote: Now, if the drunk man was acting violently or touching the ladies then I could see possibly calling the police.

Because those things are so much worse than driving drunk and running over someone's loved one. Would you be saying the same thing about her if someone you loved had been killed by a drunk driver?

You didn't ask me, but I think your question/point is an important one.

Yes, I'm much more concerned about a drunken person getting behind the wheel than someone acting violently or pervy in an adult environment; the latter can be contained. Once a drunk driver hits the road, there's no containment of the risk to the lives of everyone in his/her vicinity. Fortunately, no one that I love has been killed/injured by a drunk driver, but the odds of it happening still aren't as low as they should be.

It's great that drunk driving fatalities have declined significantly in developed countries over the last 20 years due to education, legislation, punishment, etc.. But, traffic accidents are still the 10th leading cause of death globally and at the very very least, 40,000 people worldwide die annually at the hands of drunk drivers (much harder to measure in some countries than others). Between the US, the EU, Canada, Australia and New Zealand alone it's around 20,000 per year. That's a lot of preventable deaths and lives ruined.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bartender Fired for Calling Cops on Customer... - by HairOfTheDog - 02-27-2013, 06:36 PM