Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bartender Fired for Calling Cops on Customer...
Yes, everyone is responsible for their own actions.

-You wanna drink yourself to death, fine by me. Your life, your body.
-You wanna shoot yourself in the head, fine by me. Your life, your body.
-You wanna prostitute yourself, fine by me. Your life, your body.

But:
-You wanna get trashed and get behind the wheel. Not ok.
I'll try to stop you and I hope others make reasonable efforts to do the same, but I'm/we're not responsible if you do it anyway (and I don't think bars or alcohol retailers should be held accountable).
-You wanna shoot up a movie theater, mall, school, any innocent person(s). Not ok.
-You wanna pimp your child out. Not ok.

cladking, it's hard to take you seriously. You recently argued that car manufacturers should be forced (via governmental regulation) to add new features in order to reduce less than 120 US deaths per year caused by people who don't look behind them when they put their cars in reverse. Yet, you feel that admonishment and regulations to reduce over 10,000 drunk driving deaths per year in the US somehow equates to holding drunks responsible for all of society's ills? Ridiculous.

Nobody's advocating for laws against walking while drunk, singing badly while drunk, pissing in the closet while drunk, having sex with strangers while drunk, banning cars because some people drive drunk, etc.. Somehow, I and my (sometimes) drunken friends have all failed to come under attack by this war on drunks that you claim is waging around us. Of course, we don't drive drunk.

Btw, I see as much or more attention focused on controlling guns, smoking, obesity, texting while driving... as I do alcohol-related risks to self and others.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bartender Fired for Calling Cops on Customer... - by HairOfTheDog - 02-28-2013, 09:11 PM