Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander
(04-19-2013, 03:24 AM)thekid65 Wrote: She sucks. She tries at times to be a bitch, but it's not in her personality. She did a lousy job on cross, IMO. Really got nothing out of Demarte

Willmott doesn't strike me as effective. She did make some minor points yesterday though (for example, with Demarte stating "patterns" of name calling in Travis's written communications). Just didn't think the point was significant to the case anyway, and Demarte probably trounced that point by getting in that she felt Travis was reacting to Jodi not respecting boundaries. Mostly, Willmott's cross was a big fail, I thought.

Was surprised when Demarte testified that Jodi stole a ring from Travis; that was a new and significant example of Jodi's boundary crossing. Although it wasn't in the testimony, the HLN talking heads claim it was an engagement ring intended for one of his former girlfriends.

Didn't really get a feel for the jurors' positions through their questions to Demarte like I did with the questions posed to other witnesses. Not clear how credible they found her expert opinion and testimony. I thought she was a sold B or B+.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - by HairOfTheDog - 04-19-2013, 10:50 AM
Jodi Arias is going to . . . . - by Carsman - 08-04-2014, 09:55 PM