Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
MURDERED: 8 yr old Leila Fowler - 12 yr old brother charged
(05-15-2013, 01:46 PM)LytoMe Wrote: The kid actually looks like he has Autism, or a disability. The expressions are completely blank and creepy. I would assume if he had a disability he would NOT be in a jail, he would be in an institution?

I haven't heard anything about him having a diagnosed disability, LytoMe. But, not a lot has been officially released about the suspect or anyone else in the family.

If he's got no record of mental illness, now that he's got private lawyers, bet they're pushing for evaluations straight outta the gate though.

Based on Monday's statement from Barney Fowler (that he won't believe his son is the killer until he sees proof) and yesterday's statement from the suspect's attorney, I'm not getting the impression that the 12 year old has confessed to the murder, but possibly that he's admitted to lying about chasing an intruder out of the house. If he's guilty, he may simply be very cold and crafty.

Attorney's statement:
Earlier Tuesday, Reichel (defense attorney) told The Associated Press that the youngster might have lied about seeing a long-haired man fleeing the scene, but that doesn't make the boy the killer. He said his client might have made up a "macho" story about scaring away the intruder because he was scared.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/15...78842.html

Side notes:
-The article linked above notes that the oldest boy in the family, Justin, is 19 ys old. I've seen him listed as 17 ys old as well.
-The 12 year old suspect is appearing in juvenile court today; proceedings closed to public.

Messages In This Thread
RE: ARREST MADE: Leila Fowler, 8 ys old - Murdered in CA. - by HairOfTheDog - 05-15-2013, 02:17 PM
RE: ARREST MADE: Leila Fowler, 8 ys old - Murdered in CA. - by californiakid - 05-18-2013, 12:16 PM