Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
MURDERED: 8 yr old Leila Fowler - 12 yr old brother charged
lady love,

For some of us, including myself, a home with that many children with so many different sets of parents (some estranged) is outside of the norm. I haven't seen anyone suggest that because it's not a 1950s nuclear family that it's dysfunctional. Instead, the living circumstances in this case are exceptional to most.

Add to that the fact that a 12 year old child is accused of stabbing to death his 8 year old sister in that household, and it's reasonable to speculate that there was dysfunctionality beyond the norm.

Having said that, there's no way to know if Isaiah would have turned out any differently in a different environment and we don't know what made him do it, assuming he did (which is very likely, to me). Until we find out the reason (if we ever do) exploring the possible factors contributing to the crime is one of the things we do here. One such factor is his family life and influences, often a significant factor.

Like BlueTiki, I'd be interested in hearing what factors lead you to believe that the family situation could be considered normal. Also, why you think speculating that the 12 year old suspect was molesting his sister is any less presumptuous than speculating that the family life was dysfunctional.

P.s. If you leave the color of the font at the standard setting (or change the font to a light color) it's easier to read against the black background.

Messages In This Thread
RE: ARREST MADE: Leila Fowler, 8 ys old - Murdered in CA. - by californiakid - 05-18-2013, 12:16 PM
RE: ARREST MADE: Leila Fowler, 8 ys old - Murdered in CA. - by HairOfTheDog - 05-19-2013, 11:44 AM