Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
MURDERED: 8 yr old Leila Fowler - 12 yr old brother charged
(05-23-2013, 12:35 PM)lady love Wrote: His defense lawyers will probably enter a plea of not guilty by insanity or some stupid shit like that and considering how stupid the judicial system is they will probably believe it without even considering that the boy was clever enough to keep the police searching 2 week for a man that did not exist.

The kid will probably get a slap on the wrist and a couple years in a juvenile psyche ward.

I wonder how the police of calvarias county feel knowing that they were dooped by a 12 year old.

I'm not sure that the local LE were duped, maybe. Or, it's possible that they were very suspicious and focused all along, but simply had to collect/test evidence to support an arrest warrant in the absence of a confession. Covering alternate bases before the arrest also makes it harder for the defense to claim that other reasonable leads/avenues weren't pursued if the suspect pleads not guilty and the defense goes with a SODDI strategy.

I also don't know if Isaiah duped his very own family or if they suspected all along and held back info, or were in denial.

Lots of unknowns.

In my opinion, Isaiah Fowler will not be released from a penal or psychiatric facility before he's 23 years old, given the severity of his crime. Assuming, of course, that Isaiah either pleads guilty or is found guilty by a judge. ETA: This is my opinion whether an insanity defense is used or not, so long as Isaiah is confessed/deemed to be the killer legally.

I think you may be right about how he pleads, lady love. If the state has a strong case against him, I can easily see the defense attorneys pleading "insanity" or "mental defect", as you predict (if they believe they can secure a diagnosis to support it). They might do that whether they believe it or not, they'll be conferring with the boy's family, no doubt.

Will they claim that he did it in the heat of passion; he just "snapped"? IDK, maybe that too.

Will be interesting to see what unfolds on the 29th...

Messages In This Thread
RE: ARREST MADE: Leila Fowler, 8 ys old - Murdered in CA. - by californiakid - 05-18-2013, 12:16 PM
RE: ARREST MADE: Leila Fowler, 8 ys old - Murdered in CA. - by HairOfTheDog - 05-23-2013, 12:49 PM