Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
MURDERED: 8 yr old Leila Fowler - 12 yr old brother charged
(06-03-2013, 11:16 AM)username Wrote: It's just a fact that a 12 y/o's brain is not fully developed. If you're going to treat a 12 y/o as an adult, you might as well let them vote, buy cigarettes etc. I want the kid to pay for his actions but without knowing more, I don't think society should generally give up on 12 y/o's.

No they don't need to do that other stuff like voting or buying cigarettes. Killing someone is far more different then buying cigarettes. Who says 12 year olds brains are not fully developed? Do they know right from wrong? Do they know its wrong to kill someone? Yes they do. That has nothing to do with being fully developed.

I have heard so many times kids saying "if I did something I would only get punished for a few years then be free" Kids today don't get punished enough for the things they do. If he is released by the age of 23 what kind of example are they sending to other kids? Hey do what you want because sense you are a kid you wont get very much punishment.

Again that is like saying a 19 or 20 year old should not be punished for his crimes as severely as a 30 or 40 year old because they haven't been around as long and don't know as much the older people. Maybe their brains are not fully developed yet either. Do we make allowance for that?

Isaiah's brains were developed enough for him to know how to kill his sister and how to hide evidence and keep police searching for a made up person for 2 weeks.

I don't care what his home life is or was like. It is no excuse to brutally murder someone. I don't care if his father couldn't hold a job or keep a relationship with women or if he was sponging off his fiancé, that is still no excuse for him to kill anyone.

If a kid wants to commit an adult crime then he should pay the adult price. No excuses or special treatment. I am not saying throw him in adult prison but he should serve time in prison when he does become an adult.

If an adult man had broken into the Fowler home and murdered the little girl what do you think would have happened to him when he was convicted? I bet it wouldn't be as lenient as Isaiah would get would it? So how is that any different. The adult knows its wrong to kill another person and so does the 12 year old Isaiah.

Messages In This Thread
RE: ARREST MADE: Leila Fowler, 8 ys old - Murdered in CA. - by californiakid - 05-18-2013, 12:16 PM
RE: ARREST MADE: Leila Fowler, 8 ys old - Murdered in CA. - by lady love - 06-03-2013, 02:14 PM