Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
whole life tariffs “inhuman”
(07-10-2013, 04:19 PM)BlueTiki Wrote:
(07-10-2013, 04:12 PM)username Wrote: I may not be a big proponent of the death penalty . . .

Why not?

I don't have strong opinions about it but I voted against it here in California recently in part because of costs. We haven't put someone to death here in years. Some people would argue that the way to fix that would be to speed up the appeals process etc. but I have no indication that there's anything like that in the works. We have over 700 inmates on death row here who are just as likely to die from old age or disease at this point.

I don't think it's a deterrent.

So...retribution? Okay, I get that. I don't fault people like the Alexander family for seeking Jodi's death. I'm not sure how I'd feel in a similar situation but having NOT been in one, I'm satisfied with just locking the fuckers up for life and never hearing from them again.

Finally, I find it a tiny bit barbaric. Not a lot but...kill a killer? Maybe we can chop off the hands of thieves too? In the scheme of things, that only accounts for a small part of my reservations about it though.

That's all. You won't find me out campaigning against it or anything but for now, I'll probably vote against it if the opportunity arises again. The measure didn't pass so we still have it here in California but there's issues regarding the injections that are still working there way through the courts. No executions in our foreseeable future.
Commando Cunt Queen

Messages In This Thread
RE: whole life tariffs “inhuman” - by Duchess - 07-10-2013, 04:03 PM
RE: whole life tariffs “inhuman” - by username - 07-10-2013, 04:45 PM
RE: whole life tariffs “inhuman” - by Duchess - 07-10-2013, 05:18 PM