Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What do you think about this, CN?
(07-17-2013, 08:15 AM)ramseycat Wrote: They should say the pledge everyday including God. I don't know what mission projects you're talking about.

In California (or at least in my neck of the woods), most 4th/5th graders study California's mission period. Usually this includes the parents, errr I mean the students, creating a mission replica.

The Spanish missions in California comprise a series of religious and military outposts established by Spanish Catholics of the Franciscan Order between 1769 and 1833 to spread the Christian faith among the local Native Americans. The missions represented the first major effort by Europeans to colonize the Pacific Coast region, and gave Spain a valuable toehold in the frontier land. The settlers introduced European livestock, fruits, vegetables, cattle, horses and ranching into the California region; however, the Spanish occupation of California also brought with it serious negative consequences to the Native American populations with whom the missionaries came in contact. The government of Mexico shut down the missions in the 1830s. In the end, the mission had mixed results in its objective to convert, educate, and "civilize" the indigenous population and transforming the natives into Spanish colonial citizens. Today, the missions are among the state's oldest structures and the most-visited historic monuments. There are 23 missions.

This is also the type of history that CN is referring to I believe. You can't teach history without referencing different cultures and their religions. My kids were studying Chinese/Ancient history last year and you can be damn sure Buddhism took up at least several pages in the textbook.
Commando Cunt Queen

Messages In This Thread
What do you think about this, CN? - by sally - 07-16-2013, 08:24 PM
RE: What do you think about this, CN? - by sally - 07-16-2013, 10:23 PM
RE: What do you think about this, CN? - by username - 07-17-2013, 11:53 AM
RE: What do you think about this, CN? - by sally - 07-18-2013, 06:33 PM
RE: What do you think about this, CN? - by Maggot - 07-17-2013, 11:16 AM