Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Shooter loose in Washington Navy Yard in DC
(09-17-2013, 01:36 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Relieved that authorities have ruled out the possibility that there's another gunman on the loose. They've confirmed that Alexis was a lone gunman.

Something really needs to be done about the holes in the background check process for governmental subcontractors and employees. I worked in aerospace back in the 80s while going to school at night; just as a supervisor/liaison for GPS and Space Shuttle unit boards on the manufacturing floor. I know that my background and contacts were checked thoroughly even for that low-level confidential clearance.

After 911, the intelligence and security checking industries boomed. But, IMO, a laxness in proper security checking protocol has set in and opened a door for domestic nut jobs (like Hasan and Alexis) to go off on defense and military personnel. Alexis had major red flags, some easily accessed through official records/documents. How the hell did that get missed?

Anyway, hoping that the eight critically injured victims all pull through.

RIP to those who lost their lives yesterday - they've all now been identified and the families notified.

• Michael Arnold, 59, of Lorton, Virginia;

• Sylvia Frasier, 53, of Waldorf, Maryland;

• Kathy Gaarde, 62, of Woodbridge, Virginia;

• John Roger Johnson, 73, of Derwood, Maryland;

• Frank Kohler, 50, of Tall Timbers, Maryland;

• Kenneth Bernard Proctor, 46, of Waldorf, Maryland;

• Vishnu Shalchendia Pandit, 61, of North Potomac, Maryland;

• Arthur Daniels, 51, of Southeast Washington, D.C.;

• Mary Francis Knight, 51, of Reston, Virginia;

• Gerald L. Read, 58, of Alexandria, Virginia;

• Martin Bodrog, 54, of Annandale, Virginia;

• Richard Michael Ridgell, 52, of Westminster, Maryland.

Looks like he picked anyone that was turning grey, or was an easy target. Such a waste.96
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Shooter loose in Washington Navy Yard in DC - by Maggot - 09-17-2013, 08:41 PM