Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
REPURPOSING...DECORATING IDEAS HERE!
Okay, a couple of repurposing shots.

I've got a very old house with really small rooms. All the closet doors were taken out and replaced with wooden beads so the minimal floor space is maximized. Since my discretionary income is minimal too, I work with what I already have and know it's not everybody's idea of style, but it's functional and comfortable for me.

[Image: DSCF0539_zps15f64f2b.jpg?t=1385496282]
-The coffee table is an old bench that I spray painted.
-The table/desk in the corner is my first computer desk from the 90s, spray painted. It holds tons of books and albums.
-The rug is a blanket my friend gave me for Christmas years ago - tacked at the corners with double sided tape.
-The red chair seat cover hides a big rip and is just a table napkins affixed using spray glue (that stuff is godly, keeps things held in place, but then they pull right up if you wanna replace or reposition them).

[Image: DSCF0541_zpsa3ee31bb.jpg?t=1385496439]
-This is my futon bed when company visits - head board is an old dresser frame.
-The side table to the left is an old step ladder with a shelf. It and the bucket that holds whatever books I'm reading are both spray painted.
-In the right corner, you can see my purple wig, pink cowboy hat, and white mesh dress (haha, sometimes private dress up is fun) in the next room - that's all hanging on a broken floor lamp.

[Image: DSCF0535_zps9d7735bb.jpg?t=1385495831]
-Hanging over the sofa are the doors to the entertainment hutch which is against the wall across from the sofa.
-The red lamp shade is kinda faded at the bottom, but it's hidden with an old scarf belt (c'mon, everybody had one!) held in place with a long hoop necklace.

[Image: DSCF0530_zpsffa76f40.jpg?t=1385496107]
The turn table sits on top of a bar stool covered with a blanket that has sentimental value.

I'm all clucked out!

Messages In This Thread
RE: REPURPOSING... - by Maggot - 11-24-2013, 01:08 PM
RE: REPURPOSING... - by HairOfTheDog - 11-24-2013, 01:10 PM
RE: REPURPOSING...DECORATING IDEAS HERE! - by HairOfTheDog - 11-26-2013, 04:36 PM