Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bartender Fired for Calling Cops on Customer...
(12-20-2013, 05:43 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: 2 DRUNK 2 CARE

I don't know why it's taking so long to get the driver's toxicology test results back in this case, but no charges have been filed against this driver and the Florida Highway Patrol says it's waiting on the tox results whilst an investigation is underway.

[Image: Kayla-Mendoza.jpg]

2 hours after tweeting, "2 drunk 2 care" to her boyfriend, 20-year-old Kayla Mendoza (pictured above) rammed into another car and killed two young women. Her boyfriend, Javier Reyes claims that '2 drunk 2 care' was in response to him "feeling a little possessive, jealous".

In the meantime, the families of the two young women killed in the crash have filed lawsuits against Mendoza, Reyes (whose car she was driving), and the Tijuana Taxi Co., the bar that allegedly served her alcohol on the night of Nov. 16.

The Tijuana Taxi Co. would not answer specific questions about the lawsuit or confirm whether their employees had served the under-age Mendoza, but have issued a statement saying they are cooperating with authorities investigating the case and that “all of our bartenders and servers undergo training with Responsible Vendors, a company that teaches the laws, liabilities and safety practices needed to work in an establishment where alcohol is served."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Very sad for the families of the two young women who were killed that night.

It usually rubs me the wrong way when drunk drivers or their victims attempt to sue bartenders or drinking establishments; it's the personal responsibility of the driver to moderate him/herself, IMO.

BUT, if this bar provided the alcohol to an underage drinker (assuming she had no sophisticated fake ID), it rubs me less wrong if they are deemed partially responsible.

Regardless of what happens with the civil suits, if Mendoza's tox screen comes back over the legal limit, she should be criminally charged, IMO. In that case, that stupid tweet is really gonna hurt any attempt to defend herself (unless, of course, she suffers from Affluenza 52 ) - it's tantamount to a confession.

I always can't help but wonder, if you can't drink & drive, then why do bars have car parking lots?
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bartender Fired for Calling Cops on Customer... - by Carsman - 01-08-2014, 08:25 PM