Is this wrong...please fucking say it is!
(01-23-2014, 08:01 PM)Duchess Wrote: Aren't the serving sizes smaller in Europe? I recall reading something about that and how it played such a big role in why Americans are so fat.

Takeaway and fast food is the same as yours huge portions of mainly cheap junk. Buckets of chicken? Check, huge fucking pizzas? Check, deep fried oily shit? Check.

However Mcdonalds and Burger King in America sell burgers and portion sizes not available in England. Like supersizing? Not in the UK ever. When I was in the US I was surprised to see burgers in Macdonalds etc with 3 burger patties, 4 burger patties, 5 burger parties. And these huge cartons of soda! Amazing! A large soda here would be the same as a small or medium there.

But in restaurants? No portions are generally smaller with the emphasis on quality and flavour not quantity and value. I was in a French restaurant a few years ago and a fat American guy was having a meal with his wife and he complained about the portion size of every course, continually repeating the phrase “back in the states we.....”. By the end the waiter was glaring at him like he was a dog who had just pissed on his shoes.

When I was in America the portion sizes just blew us away, in diners, restaurants and fast food joints. Amazing, 4 blokes being served enough food to feed the multitudes in the bible. I can remember Chris buying a foot long chilli dog and just standing staring at it in awe! “A foot long hot dog sausage with the works on it! Smothered and topped with all kinds of shit!”

Also in supermarkets if you buy a chilled microwave ready meal here it will probably be half the size of the one you would expect to buy over there.

I've got a chilled microwave prawn linguine meal for a quick lunch tomorrow. If I served that to most people at Mock for lunch they would probably go “why have you given me a kids meal?”
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is this wrong...please fucking say it is! - by Cynical Ninja - 01-24-2014, 03:03 PM