Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Cladking...Happy Birthday :kisses:
Crowley wrote a piece on the Book of Thoth.

Your interests reminds me of Crowley's, though your conclusions are polar opposites - assuming that I understand either of you properly, which is certainly not a given.

You seem to rage against what you label as "superstition" in seeking answers to ancient mysteries through logic and science. He, according to my understanding, considered the things labeled as "science" to be a product of man's limited thinking and experience and found greater understanding in the superstition, the magick, etc...

Crowley was fascinated with Eyptian text and times. He was also deep into language; the bastardization of it by modern man, the overuse of it to communicate, the interpretation of it by one man of the next - with contextual understanding being wholly dependent on the experience of the the man hearing/reading it and nothing else...

Some of his writings were very interesting and thought-provoking, with a satirical twist that I appreciate.

“To knot a sentence up properly, it has to be thought out carefully, and revised. New phrases have to be put in; sudden changes of subject must be introduced; verbs must be shifted to unsuspected localities; short words must be excised with ruthless hand; archaisms must be sprinkled like sugar-plums upon the concoction; the fatal human tendency to say things straightforwardly must be detected and defeated by adroit reversals; and, if a glimmer of meaning yet remain under close scrutiny, it must be removed by replacing all the principal verbs by paraphrases in some dead language.” - Aleister Crowley, from Moonchild

Course, he also wrote this:
Happiness lies within one's self, and the way to dig it out is cocaine. -Aleister Crowley, from Diary of a Drug Fiend

P.s. Not to trip over it or anything, but I think you're right that, considering the perspective, two right hands makes sense, really. Way more so than two left feet - to me, anyway. Smiley_emoticons_smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cladking...Happy Birthday :kisses: - by HairOfTheDog - 02-04-2014, 10:21 AM