Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Is homosexuality an important religious issue?
I think I am more spiritual or trying to be than religious. I am constantly trying to learn and grow and find truth.

God is love, and the hatred that many religions are exhibiting towards people who are different to them such as homosexuals demonstrates to me that God is not being expressed in their actions, words or behaviours.

I don't think anyone has all the answers regarding God. Regarding individuals sexual preferences, sex change, cross dressing, sexual exploration, orientation, preference whatever you want to call it, if it is between consenting adults, it's nobody else's business. Anything else, is insanity, sometimes state sanctioned irrational hysterical craziness.

Stephen Fry recently went to Russia doing a documentary on this subject, (he is very famous in Russia so there was media interest there). Mr Fry interviewed this Russian leader about their hateful homophobic laws and the guy was sprouting nonsense that was embarrassing to Russia. Stephen Fry even asked him if he wanted to change his response because he was making Russia look so foolish.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is homosexuality an important religious issue? - by aussiefriend - 02-13-2014, 06:29 PM