Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
BAIT AND KILL VIGILANTISM - THE MURDER OF DIREN DEDE
(04-29-2014, 02:16 PM)Maggot Wrote: He should have just put a bear trap in there.

Smiley_emoticons_smile That's actually probably a better plan than the one the homeowners chose in this case.

People shouldn't have to worry about other people jacking their shit - period. But, that's not reality.

I understand Kaarma's frustration with being burgled. My truck's been broken into three times now in the last 6 months; the latch on the back window was broken off last time, so the window doesn't close anymore. Pisses me off big time. I can't fit it in the garage (which I never leave open or unlocked), so I've taken everything out of the truck -- there's nothing in there to steal.

Based on the latest update, seems like the homeowners in this case didn't take such measures when they were burgled previously and before they chose to bait and shoot.

Snip:
An amended affidavit filed by Deputy Missoula County Attorney Andrew Paul this week said the 16- and 18-year-olds told investigators they took two wallets with credit cards, an iPhone, marijuana and paraphernalia from Markus Kaarma's garage and unlocked vehicles in the driveway. Their names have not been released.

Kaarma's attorney, Paul Ryan, has said his client was the victim of multiple break-ins before the fatal encounter last month.

Prosecutors say Kaarma and his girlfriend, Janelle Pflager, set up motion sensors and a video feed to catch whoever was stealing from them and that Kaarma shot 17-year-old Diren Dede when the boy was spotted in the garage.

The teens, whose confession was included in the document filed Monday, denied any connection between themselves and Dede or another exchange student who was with Dede the night he was shot.

I don't think Mr. Kaarma is gonna be able to get off on a self-defense claim on this one.

Messages In This Thread
RE: BAIT AND KILL VIGILANTISM - THE MURDER OF DIREN DEDE - by HairOfTheDog - 05-15-2014, 10:47 AM