Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
SHARIA LAW SPREADING -- BRUNEI -- VICTORY FOR ISLAMIC FUNDAMENTALISTS
(05-23-2014, 11:07 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: They consider crime in these countries when you hang out with your boyfriend. It's another level of reality. They will arrest you and treat you like a criminal. Oh yes. Those women in those countries are probably violated and abused and for sure there are no domestic violence centres. It's hell.

I think Sharia Law is archaic and cruel as well, especially towards women. I don't like it.

So, aussie, do you think that the Australian government should cut off ties with Brunei and find another oil supplier, on moral grounds? Should Australia support Brunei's ouster from the TPP, like some US Congressmen are proposing? I think the Sultan still holds that huge chunk of land and large stake in the cattle industry in Australia. If so, do you think the Australian government should try to force a sell or buy it back from him in protest of the implementation of Sharia Law in Brunei?

No wrong or right answers, if you choose to weigh in, I'm just interested in how others feel about it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: SHARIA LAW SPREADING -- BRUNEI -- VICTORY FOR ISLAMIC FUNDAMENTALISTS - by HairOfTheDog - 05-23-2014, 11:17 AM