Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
What if Verbal Abuse left physical scars??
Regarding the article: The pics do nothing for me. 99% of them look staged and fake. In my opinion it does nothing to raise awareness of abuse, but does everything to raise awareness of bad make up artists.

Regarding verbal abuse in general: It sucks, but I doubt it's ever going to stop, no matter how much awareness we raise, nor do I have any idea how one would stop it. I can tell you that I like my son's answer to verbal abuse at school, although I got into trouble for it. Some kid was picking on him about something stupid, and turned around and said "is that the best you can come up with? My mother said worse to me at breakfast." Unfortunately for me, a teacher overheard him and called DYS on me.

People either develop a thick skin and learn to let things roll off, or they bottle it up and kill themselves or others.

Every single time we have a public massacre (be it in school, or not) the focus is always put on guns. It's a shame that the media focuses on a weapon, rather than the underlying cause.

We have become a very selfish society. We only care about ourselves. Would Columbine have happened if someone had taken the time to open their eyes and see what was happening to Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold in their Freshman, sophomore, and Junior years?

What about Sandy Hook? No one saw it coming, because no one cared that Lanza had himself locked up in a basement all the time. When Lanza'a mom mentioned to a friend that her son would only communicate through e-mail, no one batted an eye and said "Hey, that's not right, you should talk to your boy face to face every once in a while"

I wish there was an easy answer, but in truth, there are always going to be people in the world that think they are better than every one else, and put you down because you're not good enough for them.

Coincidentally, it's ironic that the first definition of Mock in the dictionary is — 1. to behave with scorn or contempt (towards); show ridicule (for)

Messages In This Thread
RE: What if Verbal Abuse left physical scars?? - by cannongal - 05-28-2014, 09:20 AM