Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
SERIAL KILLER DISCOVERED? INDIANA
(10-22-2014, 06:23 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(10-22-2014, 06:20 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: a very small percentage of us get off on killing other people.
That interests me but I guess it's a whole other topic. Why people do the bad things they do, things we would never even contemplate, not only do them but take pleasure in doing so.

It's disturbing, yet fascinating.

Vann is looking to be a bonafide serial killer and he seems anxious to talk. Maybe he'll shed some light on why he did what he did.

I think one of the challenges in understanding serial killers is that they often don't understand themselves what makes them want to do it. And, they like to have ultimate power over people, so they often lie and withhold information that they know others are desperate to obtain.

Some analysts think abusive childhoods cause serial killers to take pleasure in dominating and killing others -- a built-up desire to exert power and exact a kind of revenge/payback. Other researchers think there's a biological problem with serial killers' brains. So far though, none of the behavioral theories or brain scan studies of known serial killers has produced anything that can be validated as causing or primarily contributing to a desire to inflict pain and kill others.

Messages In This Thread
RE: SERIAL KILLER DISCOVERED? INDIANA - by Maggot - 10-20-2014, 01:33 PM
RE: SERIAL KILLER DISCOVERED? INDIANA - by Cheyne - 10-21-2014, 10:24 PM
RE: SERIAL KILLER DISCOVERED? INDIANA - by Maggot - 10-20-2014, 07:56 PM
RE: SERIAL KILLER DISCOVERED? INDIANA - by HairOfTheDog - 10-22-2014, 07:33 PM