Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
TAMIR RICE, 12 -- KILLED BY CLEVELAND POLICE
That's fine, Kid.

You get to believe that all killings by cops should be unquestioned; that dead citizens who weren't in the commission of violent crimes (or any crimes, in some cases) are not something that the PD internal affairs, the media, the public or the dead victims' families should investigate or be concerned over.

I get to believe differently. I appreciate and support LE on the whole, but I don't worship them or believe that they are (or should be) all powerful and above the law while in the commission of their jobs. I think it's good that people -- whether you personally think they're qualified to have opinions/feelings/discussions about police/crime or not -- are pushing for more accountability when it come to cases involving police corruption, brutality, and incompetence resulting in death. That loudly vocalized concern may lead to change and improvement. Looking the other way or blindly accepting every civilian death as a cost of business, on the other hand, is a dangerously passive mindset, IMO.

By the way, to the best of my knowledge, you've never been a field cop? So, your desire to see things only from the cops' point of view requires no more crime-related personal experience than my desire to put myself in the shoes of the cops, the dead victims, and their families and see things more broadly.

And, yes, of course, there are usually several factors leading to the final outcome in any incident. People of at least average intelligence recognize as much and can evaluate each factor both independently and as part of the whole when forming opinions and asking questions.

We can agree to disagree.

Messages In This Thread
RE: TAMIR RICE, 12 -- KILLED BY CLEVELAND POLICE - by HairOfTheDog - 12-07-2014, 11:18 AM
RE: Ferguson - by Midwest Spy - 11-28-2014, 04:40 PM
RE: Ferguson - by Duchess - 11-28-2014, 04:53 PM
RE: Ferguson - by Blindgreed1 - 11-28-2014, 04:56 PM
RE: Ferguson - by HairOfTheDog - 11-28-2014, 05:01 PM
RE: Ferguson - by HairOfTheDog - 11-28-2014, 05:26 PM
RE: Ferguson - by Duchess - 11-28-2014, 06:05 PM
RE: Ferguson - by HairOfTheDog - 11-28-2014, 07:41 PM
RE: Ferguson - by username - 11-28-2014, 07:50 PM