Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
TAMIR RICE, 12 -- KILLED BY CLEVELAND POLICE
Couple things there:
When the cops rolled in there the kid approached them immediately, closing the distance and removing the opportunity at least for the passenger cop to have something substantial between himself and some guy reported to have a gun. That much can be easily seen in the video. There is no accompanying audio, so who know what was said and how many times in the 2 seconds that the cop was forced to make a life and death decision.
In hind sight, there are probably dozens of things that could with the benefit of unlimited time to ponder upon could be said to have been done better.
I have not read everything that the police included in their report, so I can't say anything about that.
I can make a good guess at what the parents did not teach their kid, that you do what the police tell you to do, that you do not under any circumstances act aggressively towards the police especially when and if they roll up on you like that.

Its sad that a 12 year old kid got killed, truly it is. But I do not see where this is or should be a Black and White thing, I don't see this as a Bad Cops killing innocent kids thing. What I do see is an environment that has been created by the media and criminal assholes that have put the police in an untenable situation. They have to roll up on every situation like it is going to be life and death, which turns out all too often to be true. The police I think Should be measured by a slightly longer yardstick than everyone else, but I do not see how Anyone can be expected to make those kinds of decisions in the time they have to be made and getting it correct 100% of the time. I just do not think that is humanly possible or even a reasonable expectation. Police are people and they will make mistakes and because of that unfortunately people are going to get killed.
The more assholes out there the more the police will have to deal with very bad situations and the more likely they will make a mistake in a situation like this one where they were is no Actual danger will occur.

All that said, there are racist cops out there, there are bad cops out there. We the people need to be vigilant about that and hold the public officials liable for that.
We the people also need to take responsibility for our offspring and teach them right from wrong.

I don't think the cops are completely blameless in this, there are several things they could have done better. But they are not murderers either.

Messages In This Thread
RE: TAMIR RICE, 12 -- KILLED BY CLEVELAND POLICE - by SIXFOOTERsez - 01-06-2015, 09:35 AM
RE: Ferguson - by Midwest Spy - 11-28-2014, 04:40 PM
RE: Ferguson - by Duchess - 11-28-2014, 04:53 PM
RE: Ferguson - by Blindgreed1 - 11-28-2014, 04:56 PM
RE: Ferguson - by HairOfTheDog - 11-28-2014, 05:01 PM
RE: Ferguson - by HairOfTheDog - 11-28-2014, 05:26 PM
RE: Ferguson - by Duchess - 11-28-2014, 06:05 PM
RE: Ferguson - by HairOfTheDog - 11-28-2014, 07:41 PM
RE: Ferguson - by username - 11-28-2014, 07:50 PM