Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
TAMIR RICE, 12 -- KILLED BY CLEVELAND POLICE
(01-06-2015, 02:52 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: I don't think its unreasonable at all to ask for an independent review, it should probably be done in All killings.
As far as the brandishing, that was my word, Its what it looked like to me, looked like he raised his shirt as he approached the police car, He had what could only have been interpreted as a weapon given the info that they had, based on what I have read at least.
Mrs Rice wants a Conviction, that was her word for "Justice" Both cops to be convicted.
The video that was posted was obviously very heavily edited and just as obviously slanted to her side of things. Her interview and story, guess theres nothing wrong with that.
She may not be using the race issue, but there are a hell of a lot of people that are.

Tamir shouldn't have motioned for his waistband unless he was told to drop the gun. That motion doesn't qualify as "brandishing", but it was a motion that resulted in the boy being shot. Tamir clearly wasn't trying to elude the cops and had very little time to process whatever was screamed at him, if anything, through a rolling vehicle. I could see him panicking or wanting to show them the gun wasn't real. We can only speculate what he was thinking in those couple of seconds.

Anyway, I acknowledge that the officers couldn't have known the gun wasn't real while they were rolling and had to react immediately when Tamir made that motion towards his waistband. It's just terribly unfortunate that the officers left so very little time and distance to properly assess and address the situation. That aggressive approach wasn't necessary in this case and Tamir didn't cause the officers to make those tactical errors.

I do recall Samaria Rice stating that she wants to see the officers convicted. She believes strongly that they used excessive force which caused the wrongful death of her child and that an unbiased objective investigation will officially support that conclusion. She and her attorneys also believe that the officers should be charged without a secret grand jury process because there already exists enough established probable cause to support charges. I don't think that's gonna happen, personally. We'll see.

Messages In This Thread
RE: TAMIR RICE, 12 -- KILLED BY CLEVELAND POLICE - by HairOfTheDog - 01-06-2015, 06:07 PM
RE: Ferguson - by Midwest Spy - 11-28-2014, 04:40 PM
RE: Ferguson - by Duchess - 11-28-2014, 04:53 PM
RE: Ferguson - by Blindgreed1 - 11-28-2014, 04:56 PM
RE: Ferguson - by HairOfTheDog - 11-28-2014, 05:01 PM
RE: Ferguson - by HairOfTheDog - 11-28-2014, 05:26 PM
RE: Ferguson - by Duchess - 11-28-2014, 06:05 PM
RE: Ferguson - by HairOfTheDog - 11-28-2014, 07:41 PM
RE: Ferguson - by username - 11-28-2014, 07:50 PM