Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT KILLS WOMAN IN SAN FRANCISCO -- the death of Kathryn Steinle
Changing networks is a great option we have in this country, unlike some countries where state-run media is still all there is.

I don't watch a lot of television. But, when I watch the news, I'm always flipping across networks and don't have any to which I feel loyal.

Personally, I'm not a fan of sanctuary cities. But, I understand why they exist and agree with some of the rationale.

When you live in a very diverse population with a lot of immigrants (legal and illegal), it sucks when a sizable portion of the peaceful integrated population is afraid to report crimes and serve in witness capacities because the threat of deportation is always hung over their heads.

On the other hand, deportation of illegal immigrant criminals is stymied due to those same sanctuary philosophies and that sucks too.

Anyway, it's not against the law for state or local authorities to turn down ICE detention requests which aren't accompanied by court orders. But, the Steinle killing has brought the call for a federal law making such cooperation mandatory back to the front-burner.

Bill O'Reilly makes much more sense to me than does Donald Trump on the matter.

Messages In This Thread
RE: ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT KILLS WOMAN IN SAN FRANCISCO -- the death of Kathryn Steinle - by HairOfTheDog - 07-14-2015, 12:45 PM