Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
NORTH KOREA & NUKES -- IS CHANGE ON THE HORIZON?
(04-23-2018, 09:08 PM)Maggot Wrote: Heh, I've seen that one before, Maybe if the Dems would love their country more than they hate Trump? I heard that today after the Sec. of State committee results and thought it was great. 17

You're such a dorkas. ') You and many others on the far right were all over Obama's shit based only on bullshit conspiracy theories and differences of opinion for 7+ years. That didn't mean you didn't love your country, obviously.

Anyway, NK's Kim met with SK's Moon this week. It was the first time a NK leader has traveled to SK.

[Image: 180427082018-05-koreas-summit-0427-exlarge-169.jpg]
The two men ^ almost rivaled Trump and Macron's physical display of photographed affection. But.....it's still Trump and Macron for the win.

Kim has pledged to stop nuclear testing and to allow global experts to inspect NK's nuclear sites.

There's nothing in writing and no official terms or deal at this point, so it still remains to be seen if Kim will follow through. I hope he does.

But, I'd be shocked if Kim will agree to complete denuclearization -- destruction of the nuclear weapons he's already built and tested -- if that's one of the conditions. It's his only real leverage for staying in power and he surely knows that.

Last night at a supporter rally in Michigan, the crowd was chanting "Nobel! Nobel!" when President Trump took the stage.

It's a little early for that, I think. But, if NK really denuclearizes and it turns out that Trump's non-conventional methods helped bring about an end to the decades-long Koreas' conflict, I could see Trump getting the Peace Prize (or at least sharing it with other leaders involved in the process).

Messages In This Thread
RE: NORTH KOREA & NUKES -- IS CHANGE ON THE HORIZON? - by HairOfTheDog - 04-29-2018, 04:17 PM