Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
NORTH KOREA & NUKES -- IS CHANGE ON THE HORIZON?
(05-07-2018, 02:30 AM)BigMark Wrote: Urine i dot on this subject, maybe your headboard has no padding.

Calling me an i dot only confirms that ewes a more on UNLESS you're prepared to counter my understanding of the facts and my opinions on the subject Biggie.

If you think that China is willing to simply take orders barked or whispered by any U.S. administration, you're wrong. China will do what's in its own best interests, which are often not aligned with the U.S.'s goals and demands.

China is not welcoming of U.S. attempts to exert more power in Asia and does not want a unified Korea if it means the U.S. will employ forces along the NK/China border. At present, NK is China's geographic buffer to U.S. influence via South Korea.

Xi is not an idiot and does not blindly trust the U.S. I imagine that's more true now than it has been in years, given Trump's bad faith actions in reneging on multi-later agreements which required years of negotiations between multiple nations.

Trump's claims that he and Xi are good friends and all that jazz are fine. But, there's a lot more to foreign policy and relations than pleasant public statements and chummy photos. And, trade and tariff threats will not transform China into a U.S. lapdog.

China and Russia are more in alignment. Neither country wants the U.S. acting as a unilateral world power which uses threats and force to dictate to the rest of the world and force regime change. They've made that clear in regards to Syria. They've jointly expressed their opposition to Trump's demands regarding the Iran Nuclear Agreement. And both Xi and Putin (whose countries share borders with NK) have been strong in their assertions that a de-nuclearized North Korea can not be an invitation for the U.S. to militarize further in the region, just the opposite.

Your belief that Trump, with pressured help from Xi, will alone determine the future of North Korea is an example of why so many people in other countries consider the U.S. the real global threat -- ignorant hubris and complete disregard for other parties with greater or equal vested interested in the outcome.

Messages In This Thread
RE: NORTH KOREA & NUKES -- IS CHANGE ON THE HORIZON? - by HairOfTheDog - 05-07-2018, 09:31 AM