Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and five other terrorists would be tried in a civilian court
(11-22-2009, 09:51 PM)SyberBitch Wrote:
(11-21-2009, 09:54 AM)The Antagonist Wrote: It's been noted publicly that this guy openly and proudly admitted to the crimes he's being charged with BEFORE they water boarded him. They "tortured" him to get more information on who / what / where and all that.

If that's true, it's understandable.

I'm also aware, however, that Americans are guilty of torturing people who have NOT admitted to, or even been involved in, heinous crimes. That is never excusable.

Ant Wrote:I'm on the fence as to deciding if water-boarding is actually torture too.

Seriously? Water boarding, as I'm sure you know, involves nearly drowning a person, repeatedly. I'm assuming that your statement about our own Special Forces being submitted to torture as part of their training is fact. It seems logical enough. However, surely you would recognize a difference between torture that you VOLUNTEER for and torture that someone is doing to you against your will, right?

If water boarding isn't really 'torture', then why is it so damned effective at getting information from people? Of course, information acquired under 'torture' conditions, can never really be trusted, since most people will eventually say anything to get the torture to stop. Simple sleep deprivation is 'torture' when prolonged.

Do I think it's ok to torture people who are DESERVING of it?? Yes. But, I think the evidence against the person has to be damned overwhelming to justify it.

Ant Wrote:I've seen the conditions at Guantanamo Bay and they have it way better than any prison on US soil.

Was this before, or after they were 'shut down' for the raping, defecating on prisoners, and various other horrors perpetrated by American soldiers there?

did this happen before or after 9/11?

moral of the story is don't perpetrate terror attacks on the US, again my personal preference would have been for them to be killed on sight where ever and when ever they are found.

keep in mind that the prisoners that they were taking (many of them civilian) were being beheaded on video.

hung from bridges,and other such animalistic atrocities.

given the choice between the two scenarios which would you rather have endured?
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

Messages In This Thread
RE: Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and five other terrorists would be tried in a civilian court - by IMaDick - 11-23-2009, 08:42 AM