Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
the 2024 trivial, boring drivel thread
(09-05-2024, 12:00 AM)sally Wrote:
(09-04-2024, 10:29 PM)username Wrote: Thanks for the nice words. She’s still hanging on by a thread. She can’t eat cuz they’re afraid she’ll aspirate but her lungs are so fucked up, she can’t breathe or swallow really either so IDK how long she can hang on. She really wants to live (which is good) but given they’re all freaked out about her aspirating over food, (or even Boosts), I don’t see how they can turn this around. It’s fucked up and I can’t fix it. :(

Can they give her a feeding tube?  That happened to my mom where she couldn't eat or swallow without aspirating, but at that point she was already under Hospice care and they are not there to prolong life in any way.

I’ll have to ask. I know she (and her kids) are ruling out intubation or a ventilator but IDK the difference between a feeding tube and the other options. She’s barely cognizant but she’s been able to voice her opinion that she believes she’ll die if intubated. So she’s getting about 12 a Boost a day (sips here and there) and that’s it. :/
Commando Cunt Queen

Messages In This Thread
the 2024 trivial, boring drivel thread - by crash - 01-02-2024, 12:54 AM
RE: the 2024 trivial, boring drivel thread - by username - 09-05-2024, 12:13 AM