Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
BY GOD, IT'S MY RIGHT TO DISCRIMINATE AGAINST YOU!
I wish Maxine Waters, as an elected Democrat representative, would stop encouraging people to harass members of the Trump administration in public settings.

It's an example of a far left tactic that annoys me and I think could backfire.

There are reasons to strongly resist and protest some of Trump's policies. But, mimicking Trump's personal attacks is not the way to do it and just turns off a lot of rational Independents (who the Democrats really need to vote blue in November), in my opinion.

I think it makes more sense and is more effective for Democrat and Independent elected officials to stick to publicly correcting the lies and misinformation propagated by Trump and company, to push hard publicly on the importance of getting Dems and Independents (and disgusted Republicans) to the polls to vote against the Republican Congress which is not doing its job to check Trump's power, and to publicly encourage people who disagree with Trump's policies and actions to make their voices heard through more constructive means of protest which don't take Trump's bait and feed his narratives.

Anyway, I don't disagree with Waters strongly calling out Trump's lies and do agree with her assessment of some members of the administration. And, its her right to encourage the harassment of Trump administration individuals when they're off-the-clock, under the parameters of the law. But, I doubt the more moderate and strategic-driven members of the DNC and Democrat Congress appreciate what Waters is doing.

Messages In This Thread
RE: BY GOD, IT'S MY RIGHT TO DISCRIMINATE AGAINST YOU! - by HairOfTheDog - 06-25-2018, 11:50 AM