Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
JOGGER MURDERS: KARINA VETRANO & VANESSA MARCOTTE
(08-09-2016, 10:39 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(08-09-2016, 10:18 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Vanessa Marcotte is from New York City and was killed while jogging during a visit to Massachusetts.

I haven't seen that a third jogger has been killed (in Massachusetts).

Are you referring to Vanessa, Gunnar?
Just caught a blip about it on the morning news before I left for work. Didn't catch the name. I believe she was from NY and visiting her mother? Either way, they're using the word serial. What's the confirmed count on victims HoTD?

It's just Karina and Vanessa at this point, Gunnar.

I understand why a lot of people suspect there may be serial killer on the loose, given the similarities between the two cases.

But, I don't think any link between the murders of Karina and Vanessa has been established thus far.

I get the sense LE has, at least internally, ruled out family and friends in Karina's case, and of course they've got that unidentified DNA.

In Vanessa's case, I think LE is probably still interviewing family, friends, boyfriends, local sex offenders, etc... and also pursuing an unfamiliar predator angle.

Not much has been released in the way of evidence in Vanessa's case yet. Hopefully, LE can obtain offender DNA in her case too.

Messages In This Thread
RE: JOGGER MURDERS: KARINA VERANO & VANESSA MARCOTTE - by HairOfTheDog - 08-09-2016, 11:18 AM