Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Rochester, NY judge apparently feels above law
(06-29-2017, 10:43 AM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote:
(06-29-2017, 10:29 AM)Donovan Wrote: I have occasionally shared that view, and I'm not an addictive personality myself. But I have seen people absolutely ruin themselves with no support or enabling from others, and addiction is a harsh mistress. I try these days to be a little more "there but for the grace of God" in my approach. Demonizing somebody for not being as strong/lucky/able as you mentally is kind of a heartless way to do things IMO. Age old argument of philosophers: which is man's default nature? Altruism or egotism? Preservation of self or preservation of society?
Hard to say, for some its one and for others its something else.
I agree with the Grace of God stance completely. I don't mean to sound demonizing about them, I just have become so jaded in my views having seen so much of this its hard to give a shit what happens to them as I have enough on my own plate. I don't wish them harm, I just wont be sucked into anyone else's self inflicted drama anymore
Like I said, I have occasionally shared your views and when I sense someone is just using my goodwill I am quick to cut that shit right off. I even swore off being a white knight altogether for a while, it just didn't stick. It is in my nature I think. Just ain't wired any other way, even when I know it won't go noticed or appreciated.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rochester, NY judge apparently feels above law - by Donovan - 06-29-2017, 11:40 AM