Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
New York Times posts an article about Kay Jewelers
Was there someone in this forum who complained about #MeToo?

As I was reading this article today I was thinking and wondering how certain posters in this forum would react to it. I was wondering who would say that the women were fine, they are happy, they have nothing to complain about or that they asked for it, wanted it, they could have left etc etc

I mean these sort of things happened back then, right? This is how companies were! Haven't we all seen Mad Men? Women should be happy they even were allowed to work!
[/sarcasm]
AND any woman that feels victimized by any of this-well she just did it to herself, and has only herself to blame, she should have stood up for herself, said no. Etc etc etc

Quote:The pay-and-promotions lawsuit against Sterling Jewelers Inc. began the way a lot of these things begin: In 2005, Dawn Souto-Coons walked out of the jewelry store where she had been a successful assistant manager and into a local Tampa-area employment office, claiming sex discrimination in her store. She had been working at a Jared the Galleria of Jewelry for nearly four years. But it was only in the last few months that she began to understand that the thing that kept happening to her there, the thing that seemed to keep happening to so many of the women there, went beyond the regular, standard-issue sexism she had been hearing about her whole life. But what woman is certain that the problem isn’t her, but them?

Messages In This Thread
RE: New York Times posts an article about Kay Jewelers - by MirahM - 04-23-2019, 09:28 PM