Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
McSTAY FAMILY - Found Dead 4 Years After Vanishing
(11-23-2013, 08:58 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(11-23-2013, 02:45 PM)Cheyne Wrote: I do not believe that Susan McStay had anything to do with the disappearance or murders of the McStay family.

Do you think Michael was involved or knows more than he's saying, Cheyne?

~Respectfully snipped~

Just my musings, but yes I do believe that Michael was involved. Whether he was the "trigger man", ordered the hit, or just knows a lot more than he's saying-I believe he was involved.

Midwest Spy wrote: He says Joe was his best friend, but let 4 days go by without contacting him or checking on him. This after talking to him 4 times the day they disappeared. Very interesting*

In the linked article Mr Merritt said: ‘Three or four days went by and I called Joseph several times a day, but couldn’t get hold of him. That was unheard of because we talked six or eight times a day.

‘On the fourth day I drove out to his house, stopping at his mother’s on the way. I asked if she’d heard from him and she said she hadn’t. She called Mikey (Joseph's brother) and I suggested he meet me out there. I drove out, but Mikey didn’t call me.

If Mr. Merritt called Joseph several times a day, there are cell phone records to confirm this. I question the fact that Merritt, a business partner, was concerned enough to physically check on the McStays when Joseph's own mother and brother were not? Susan even called Michael and relayed the message to go with Merritt on day 4, but Michael didn't show and didn't call.

I don't believe that this was a professional hit or a Cartel hit either. A professional would have buried the bodies farther than 50 yds. off a major highway, and the Cartel would have left them where they lay. The Trooper being parked in San Ysidro suggests someone who wanted to place a red herring for the police. (The video of a family walking through the border was a "happy" coincidence IMO). The fact that the children were each buried with a parent suggests to me that whomever murdered them had a personal relationship with the boys and their parents. The fact that the bodies were buried so close to the road and so shallowly suggests the person who did the burying was lazy/out of shape, or his (her?) heart wasn't in it. If a family member murdered the McStays, they wouldn't want them to lay in shallow graves forever, just long enough to take the heat off the murderer. (There is over $100K in bank accounts that need to be inherited.)

As to Michael's "sobbing" at the press conference, take a good look at the video. His face works and he brushes his eyes with his hand at first, then he manages to squeeze a tear out of his right eye and leaves it there. Later his face works again and he brushes his eyes. I only saw that one tear on his face the entire time. Now I can understand if he wasn't shocked with grief due to his statements on 10 Jan 2012, since he believed his brothers family had met with foul play, but his performance was over-the-top to me. I don't believe his act, but that is just my opinion.

*Sorry, I don't know how to double quote*

Messages In This Thread
RE: McSTAY FAMILY - Found Dead 4 Years After Vanishing - by Cheyne - 11-24-2013, 12:00 AM